It’s that time of year…school is just around the corner. I’m a Lutheran school teacher and I admit that the start of school is always bittersweet. Just when I’ve settled into my summer routines, it’s time for a new year. I do love teaching and love having a classroom of kids. It’s the fact that there is always so much to do! Here’s a glance at my back to school to do list.
- Check over classroom once more.
- Finish running all copies for next week.
- Buy magnets to label the lockers for my 24 third and fourth graders.
- Go grocery shopping.
- Do the laundry.
- Iron Andy’s new shirts.
- Sort through and file our papers and receipts.
- Shop for a new stove. Sigh. Our heating element broke the other night but since the stove is 25 years old, I guess the day was coming sooner rather than later!
- Menu plan for the next week without using my oven, in case we don’t find a stove. Thankfully, the stove top still works!
- Weed the garden.
- Water the yard.
- Pick more beans and tomatoes.
- Make a batch of salsa? We’ll see how productive I can be.
On top of all the things I have to do, there are still lots of things I want to do!
- Go for a walk.
- Read a book…or two!
- Grill out with Andy.
- Write letters to catch up with friends who live too far away.
- Stay up late to watch a movie tonight.
- Sleep in one more time on Saturday.
- Enjoy the last weekend of summer!
Do you make to do lists? I’m a computer gal, but I love keeping a pen and paper list so I can cross off all I’ve accomplished! I feel more organized when I can see how much I’ve accomplished.
Here’s hoping you and I can both be productive this weekend!