Are you Lutheran? Do you use the Concordia Health Care Plan? If so, have you signed up for the Be Well Serve Well Rewards Program? I hope so! Let me tell you why, just in case you missed the fliers that arrived in your mailbox.
Be Well…Serve Well is an initiative to encourage healthy living. It is based on the premise that if you make healthier choices now, you will need less care in the future. My actuary brother would support this premise, I believe.
As a result, CHP is started this new Be Well Rewards program. For each healthy living activity you complete, you are rewarded points. Each point converts to a dollar. Your dollars can then be redeemed for a variety of gift cards. Are you still with me?
It’s simple. Complete the activities. Get points. Receive a gift card for up to $250. Yes, you read that correctly. $250. I hope all of my frugal Lutheran church worker friends and relatives are signing up for this great program.
Now you may be wondering what activities are available to earn your $250. There are many. Here’s a list of some of them.
- Complete a Health Assessment for 50 points.
- Get a Biometric Screening for 25 points.
- Track physical activity of 30 minutes, 3 times a week, for 6 weeks for 50 points. You can complete this twice.
- Track five servings of fruits and vegetables daily over 6 weeks for 50 points. Again, you can complete this twice.
- Have a preventive medical check-up and earn 50 points.
- Complete an online stress or diet class for 75 points.
Do you see how simple it is? All you have to do is make some good choices, establish good habits and you’ll be rewarded for things we should be doing regardless!
Here are some of the official details. The program has already started and runs through December 31st. The activity and food trackers will be available June 1st. You can earn a maximum of $250. Your enrolled spouse can also earn $250. Gift cards available include Amazon, Lowes, Barnes and Noble, and Visa, to name a few. Rewards are ready for redemption 30 days after the actitivities are completed.
I’ve already earned $125! How about you?