It’s official. I’ve reached my late 20s. I think about my Mom when she was my age and realize that’s not where I am. I look at many other amazing women I know in their 30s, and I’m not there either. That said, I’m perfectly content with where I am. Perhaps that is the wisdom of growing older. I can appreciate this age of my life just as I’ve appreciated all the others.
That said, I do want to make the most of this year. It is my last year in my 20s, after all! I decided to make a list of 30 things I’d like to accomplish before I’m 30. Some are practical and some are not. Some are simple and some involve more planning. All of them are things I want to do. I think it will be a fun challenge and good motivation.
Are you curious? Here’s my “30 Before I’m 30” list.
- Get a new passport (so I can…).
- Travel to Canada again.
- Go on a trip with my husband – just because and just for us.
- Learn to bake bread from scratch.
- Write a letter every month to surprise someone with the gift of encouragement.
- Go on a hot air balloon ride. (This was my birthday present from my husband last year but this is the year we’re finally going to take that ride.)
- Find a winery near Fort Wayne and go wine tasting.
- Host a chocolate party…just because!
- Clean out both attics.
- Organize all our closets.
- Unpack all my books.
- Guest post on another blog.
- Make fondue.
- Finish reading the complete Anne of Green Gables series.
- Create a wall of family pictures.
- Finish remodeling our basement.
- Get a blog button.
- Can something new.
- Make a felt flower grapevine wreath.
- Learn two new songs on the piano.
- Make my own household notebook.
- Try twelve new recipes.
- Paint the upstairs bedroom.
- Find all my primary care doctors in Fort Wayne.
- Print pictures and update all my photo albums.
- Attend a live musical theater production to see a new musical.
- Put a bathtub in one of the bathrooms in our house.
- Change my maiden name to my married one on our mortgage.
- Go dancing.
- Spontaneously (although perhaps not so since I’m listing it here) stay overnight at a bed and breakfast with Andy.
There’s my list so far. I’ll keep you updated with my progress. To make it easiest, I’m going to place a permanent page under the My Story tab. You can check back to see my progress. Periodically, I will update you via a post. That said, I am curious. What do you want to do this year?