I love when I can save money on groceries! I’m always disappointed when my savings don’t work out as planned. Case in point. Monday morning, I decided to drive across town to our new Aldi to shop for produce before going to a friend’s for a play date. The kids and I were out the door bright and early and arrived at Aldi…a half hour before they opened. Grr. Now I know they don’t open until 9, so I won’t make that mistake again. But sadly, it meant I didn’t get to shop at Aldi this week.
The good news is that the mega sale deals at Kroger were really good this week! I stocked up on lots of sale items, and a couple basics, since I didn’t make it to Aldi, and we called it good for our shopping this week. Here’s what I bought at Kroger.
Let me try to make this as simple as I can. I’ll start with all the sale deals and include coupon links. All my sale items are showing the “Buy 4, Get $4 off” which takes a $1 off each product. I’ll go ahead and list that price, showing how I mixed and matched deals, because the mega sale is going on for another week yet. There is plenty of time for you to get these deals, too! These are the mega deals I bought.
- 2 Simply Lemonade – $1.49 each
- 2 Motts fruit snacks – $0.75 each, after sale and this $0.50/2 printable coupon
- All laundry detergent – $0.99, after sale and $1/1 digital coupon
- Cheetos – $1.77
- Safeguard soap (8 bars) – $2.99
- 2 Hillshire beef brats – $1.99 each
- 4 Kroger cheddar cheese (16 ounces) – $2.49 each
- 2 Johnson’s detangler – $0.49 each, after sale and this $2/1 any Johnson product coupon
- 2 Quaker rice cakes – $0.67 each
- 3 Goldfish – $0.99 each
Here are the other deals I bought.
- 5 Huggies wipes – $0.99 each, after multiple $0.50/1 printable coupons
- Cheddar popcorn – Free, thanks to Friday freebie
- 2 Old El Paso enchilada sauce – $0.50 each, after $1/2 digital coupon
- Applesauce – $1.99
- Bananas – $1.42
- Orange – $0.50
- Au jous – $0.39 each
- 3 Tortilla chips – $0.85 each, after sale and $0.40 digital coupon
- 2 cottage cheese – $1.29
- 2 cream cheese – $0.88 each, after sale and $0.25 digital coupon
- Sour cream – $1.29
- Gallon milk – $2.89
- 4 Jack pizzas – $1.88 each
- 2 eggs (18 count) – $0.99 each
I also had a coupon for a bonus 200 fuel points and answered my receipt survey for another 50 fuel points, so I’ve already earned over 300 fuel points and the month is just starting! If you shop at Kroger, be sure to load the digital coupon for 2x Fuel rewards every Friday, Saturday and Sunday in the summer. Clip it once and it’s there for whenever you shop on the weekend in the next couple months!
I also earned $0.50 from Ibotta from my general receipt and any kind of chips. Every little bit counts with Ibotta!
At Kroger, I spent $64.24 and saved 51%.
Since we’re just starting out the month, that leaves me with $195 of our monthly $260 grocery budget to spend. Remember, don’t compare your grocery budget to mine…unless it is to be encouraged!
Anyone else shop the mega sale at Kroger yet? What deals did you find this week?