Whew! I did it. It’s been a busy month – and a busy month of freezer cooking. This was the first time I have ever attempted such an ambitious project. I practiced the “Bake Once – Eat Twice” philosophy so doubled my recipes this month. I cooked two of the same meals – one that we ate that night and one (or more) that made its way to the freezer. My freezer is brimming as a result! Take a look.
What is in my freezer after a month of freezer cooking? Note that I made double meals of my recipes – without going over my monthly grocery budget! It is indeed possible. In addition to eating well this month, here’s what is still in my freezer.
- 13 apple pie kits
- 6 pie crusts
- 1 pan lasagna
- 2 jars homemade spaghetti sauce
- 1 pan cinnamon rolls & 1 large bag of cinnamon rolls
- 2 batches of homemade crescent rolls
- 1 batch sloppy joes
- 2 batches of chili
- 1 large & 1 mini meatloaf
- 1 pan refrigerator mashed potatoes
- 1 container frosted pumpkin cookies
- 1 container of spritz cookies for Christmas
- 1 container frosted cut out butter cookies for Thanksgiving
- 1 batch baked oatmeal
- 1 container sausage cheese puffs
- 1 frosty freeze pie
- 8 sausage crepes
- 1 loaf English muffin bread
- 1 bag meatballs
- 1 pan chicken enchiladas
- 1 container cream cheese mints for Thanksgiving
- 10 runzas
- 6 quarts applesauce
- 2 pounds cooked hamburger
- 8 cups shredded chicken
- 12 diced onion bundles
I discovered some new tricks as I shared freezer recipes with you. I rediscovered some old favorites and found new favorites as well. I also discovered that Pinterest is hopping with those who are interested in crock pot applesauce! It’s one of my new favorite recipes, so I’m happy others are enjoying it as well.
I want to say thank you to everyone who joined me this month in freezer cooking. I hope you gained some new recipes and saw that anyone can stock their freezer with limited time and on a frugal budget. It takes a bit of planning but it can indeed be done!
For all my other freezer cooking recipes, click on the button below to view the rest of my recipes from 31 Days of Freezer Cooking.